Build Policy from the Examiner’s Playbook
Our tailored templates incorporate examiner handbook material with your best practices.
The first step in satisfactory compliance is a good policy and procedure. We have templates, based on the FDIC/OCC examination handbooks, which we tailor to your institution. Customized templates are an affordable (and fast) way to achieve compliance. We’ll help you start with a template and end up with a policy that suits your procedures and meets the standard of the regulations. First draft of policies and procedures can be done in days, not weeks, for hundreds, not thousands of dollars.
Sound good? Here’s how to get the ball rolling:
- Call to discuss your needs and to obtain our Certificate of Non-Disclosure and Privacy Agreement.
- If we’re only spit-balling, than skip Step 3. We don’t charge for conferences or to share our experience.
- Review our Fee Proposal. If it is acceptable, go to next step. NOTE: depending upon the circumstances, not all information request may be necessary. The rule of thumb: if you’re paying us, we want as much information as possible. If we’re just talking, then less information may be forthcoming.
- Provide some information for our discussion session. Some, all or none of the below maybe appropriate.
- Summarize examination comments (positive and negative) along with examiner recommendations and send those to us. Include in your summary both the written comments as well as any oral communication that took place. NOTE: we may not need to see copies of the actual comments; we can always review with a GoToMeeting session.
- Gather up your current policy and procedures along with any documents you use to open accounts or perform the work. You can scan and email to our secure portal or fax them to us.
- Gather your current reports you are using now to manage compliance.
- Summarize your current monitoring efforts; provide copies of reports used.
- We’ll send you a checklist you can use to help us understand the specifics of how you operate this part of the bank and how you are managing the compliance piece.
- We’ll send you the “prelim” policy and procedure in a MS WORD format to review and revise.
- We’ll schedule a follow-up phone conference to review your changes.
- We’ll send the revised Policy and Procedure.
- You provide credit card for our billing. (Payment by ACH and/or check is also acceptable.)
Templated Compliance Solutions Tailored to Your Bank
Give us a call to talk it over. Here’s the number: 800-544-8269